Thursday, August 6, 2009

the beginning of the rest of my life

So I don't really know who is going to read this or follow it, or even find it, but the purpose of this blog is to serve as an online journal for me as I try to take on a new approach to life. I say a new approach to LIFE, and not just fitness and health because I believe that being fit and eating clean is a way of life and not something you just do for a few weeks/months and expect results.

This is all started about 9 months ago when I saw a picture of myself and reality hit me, I felt like I had let myself go. It wasn't so much about my appearance, but it was about the way it made me feel. I felt like I wasn't in control of myself or of my life. It made me feel sad, depressed, but most importantly motivated to change. Since then I started working out and eating better and aside from the physical changes, I've never felt better about myself. My body isn't perfect, it's far from perfect, however for the first time I feel like I am in complete control of what happens to it. You won't catch me saying that I don't love my body, I do.... it allows me to walk, run, dance, jump, swim and do countless of other activities that some humans unfortunately can't. I am very grateful for my body and its abilities. I refuse to cast any negative thoughts and feelings about it like I used to. I admit that I don't love the current SHAPE my body is in but luckily, I am in control of that.

So starting this week, I am embarking on a new plan I discovered in a book titled The New Rules of Lifting for Women. The main view point of this book is - "Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess." I really like the idea of lifting like a man, it only seems logical that the only way to build muscle is through lifting heavy, hence the 'lift' part of the blog name. Today I am going to start Workout 1 of Phase 1 - wish me luck!! Looks challenging!


2 Responses to “the beginning of the rest of my life”

Rena said...

just checking to see if this works

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment